Search this blog

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Fettling the track!

A productive few hours today as I fettled the track on my 00 gauge Last Great Project layout. Much as it was before in terms of the overall scheme, I now have most of the track in place and although laid loosely at the moment it is operational although my wires are just literally pushed into place awaiting the time when a full wiring will take place. Wonder how long that will take me!

My Last Great Project

The one thing that I never got round to on my last version of this layout was placing the loco depot. I have always wanted a turntable since I was a kid and that was a long, long time ago. Finally I have the turntable and a place to put it although it is going to need a large hole cut in the baseboard to house it. I also have a series of cross over points to allow trains to move from one circuit to the other.

My Last Great Project

The cross overs are replicated at the other end of the layout and there will be a point off on the left eventually leading to some storage sidings - well that is my plan at the moment!

My Last Great Project

The station area will have two platforms and the goods yard/marshalling sidings are on the left.

My Last Great Project

The dropped section of the baseboard has had the two viaducts separated a bit more which looks better. The track terminating at the edge of the dropped section on the right will be where a shunting loco will be sited whilst waiting to shunt th gods yard/marshalling sidings.

My Last Great Project

So far I am happy that everything is more or less as I visualised. I now just need to get the next tasks done but who knows what tomorrow will bring especially if Mrs. Woody finds some 'must be done now' job!

No comments:

Post a Comment