Search this blog

Friday, October 28, 2022

Testing.

With the track laid and fettled on my Last Great Project 00 gauge layout it was time to test it by having an operating play session! Just really a time to run some trains round and through the various point formations to see if there were any issues. A great way to pass an hour after cleaning the house and doing some gardening just in case Mrs. Woody is reading this. If she isn't reading this then the cleaning house and gardening came afterwards! 

Anyway, the result was that it all seems to work as it should - amazing! No doubt some problems will come about as time goes by but I was particularly impressed that the crossovers seemed to work without derailing any stock.

My Last Great Project

Even in its less than finished state my favorite part of the layout is fast becoming the viaduct section. I think it is because I can look up to the trains or maybe I just have an obsession for viaducts! Either way I do enjoy watching trains cross like this Freightliner Class 66 meeting a Central Trains Class 156 coming the other way. Something that in real life has not happened for nearly 20 years but I can recreate in miniture just as I used to see when I was out and about - oh dear I am showing my age!

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

Even though it is far from finished I can visualise how this section of the layout will finally look. Just need to make that vision a reality - now that will be a further test for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment