Search this blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Shattered from yesterdays work? Well start the day with a 28 mile bike ride!

After yesterdays hedge hacking at the Rocks by Rail Museum I was shattered. I must admit I ached all evening but I had a good nights sleep probably induced by all that fresh air and work. You would think I would take it easy today and I did have some intention of that (but don't tell Mrs. Woody). But with some sunny and warm if a but windy weather, I ended up doing a 28 mile bike ride as it was so nice and then had a couple of hours doing some more sorting of the junk in my garage in that never ending quest of a junk free life. Well that is what I am aiming for but the accomplishment of that is a long way off. My problem always has been I have collected stuff as it will come in useful at some time. In addition I still have some of my parents stuff to go through. However I am now realising that time is running out and that VHS tape or the SCART lead are now outdated and should go - along with most of what is in there! It just takes me time to let go as I tell Mrs. W.

Being in the garage on a  sunny day I noted that my gravel driveway has taken on a green tone. It is gravel so it is 'green' from the point of view of drainage. However this green was the amount of grass growing in it. Over the hot summer and drought it was nice and clear but with the recent wet weather I am now trying to understand why the grass grows so well on my drive but not on my lawn! Time for action! I was in the right mood and so a quiet hour of weeding saw me manage to clear about a third of it - not that Mrs. W will notice! An hour of this was all I could stand however before my mood waned so the rest will have to wait another day or another drought!

Driveway

Driveway

Well it was turning into a day of variety so back in my Man Cave I had a hour or so looking and fettling the track on my 00 gauge Last Great Project layout. Whilst the track plan is much the same as before, the extra foot of width allows me the ability to install some crossovers between the three circuits. In addition before I finally fasten it all down the various circuits need to be parallel to each other so there is some fiddling to do with to ensure that this is the case. However I am liking the new arrangement of baseboards.
My Last Great Project,


No comments:

Post a Comment