Search this blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Robin is here but where is Batman?

A day at the Rocks by Rail Museum today where with the site closed to guest we busy ourselves with all those jobs that have built up over the year or in some cases years! For me I was given the job of cutting back a hedge that had been left to its own devices for several years. Luckily garden skill required is minimal - just an ability to use a lopper which is good for me! However it was a big job and ideally someone with the powers of Batman would have made short work of it but unfortunately Batman I am not, much to Mrs. woody's disappointed but I did do my best! Note to self - get a utility belt next time to hang loppers from!

I was on my own initially, so my mind was able to wander in my butterfly fashion until I noticed this little Robin who was hunting for food as I was disturbing the ground clearing the debris away. Either that or he had mistaken me for Batman and wanted to be my Robin!

Rocks by Rail Museum

I started off with this.....

Rocks by Rail Museum

and after five hours finished with this.

Rocks by Rail Museum

You can see just how much I cut back with that pole now fully visible! Next year the hedge should fill out but it will be easier to keep in line and to cut the grass.

Back at WMD HQ although shattered and wanting to put my feet up I have had to put my kitchen utility belt on to cook Mrs. Woody's dinner! Batman at least had Alfred to cook dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment