Search this blog

Sunday, October 16, 2022

The curtain closes but what a show!

The final day of the season for the Rocks By Rail Museum today. The metaphorical curtains are now closed but our guests got a great show. Two steam engines and two diesels running, brake van rides, shunting wagons and excavators working all on a gloriously warm and sunny Autumn day. Wonderful!  

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

For me it was a different day too. I was up at the quarry end of the Museum working with the Shunter getting wagons coupled and uncoupled and changing the points. 

Rocks by Rail Museum

I got to know this point lever very well today!

Rocks by Rail Museum

All very different from my usual role but so very interesting and educational. I have to admit by the end of the day I was shattered. Good job Mrs. Woody had a lovely dinner prepared on my return!

A short video just to give a flavour of today.





No comments:

Post a Comment