Search this blog

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Restoring calm after the storm!

Following yesterdays upheaval, comparable to a small earthquake or localised tornado, of my Man Cave today has seen some calm restored. The base board supports and frames are now installed and things moved around a bit. To say I never actually drew a plan for all of this, it was all conceived and thought out in my head (which Mrs. Woody says must be a strange place and who am I to argue?), it all fitted remarkably well. One board only has a slight gap on one side with its adjoining board which I can sort out once I have done a few measurements to find which board has the discrepancy. I still need to add the tops and four more legs but the bulk of the disruptive work is now done - hopefully!

My Last Great Project,

Where the dropped section is will be a couple of viaducts which I have the kits in stock for. 

My Last Great Project,

That complete baseboard is designed to lift out for ease of access and in case I need a long length of the room for some project which I mat like to do in the future. If Mrs. woody reads that last bit I probably won't have much of a future!

My Last Great Project

Meanwhile my narrow gauge 009 layout and the USA switching layout now live on a reduced wheeled trolley that used to support the old layout. 

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

Down to my brilliant planning or more likely just luck, the trolley can be turned around so that I can work on or use one layout or the other or if I turn it lengthwise I can get to both! 

I still have much to do including sorting out and clearing out more rubbish but it is nice when what you plan works out and I feel the room is a bit bigger and easier to navigate. What Mrs. Woody would think is another question but if it keeps me out of her way whilst she is viewing the latest murder series on TV she will be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment