Search this blog

Sunday, February 26, 2023

A bit of gardening.

Despite my garden still looking like a mud swamp as an aftermath of the recent building work I did do some gardening if you can call planting some seeds gardening. Tomatoes, lettuce and spring onions are planted in a hope that we can have some salad items this year following the shortages in the supermarkets! With the excitement that caused I thought I would continue work on a smaller scale with my 009 Narrow gauge layout.

The bridge built yesterday was sprayed in a base coat of light grey and awaits weathering but the grassed areas either side of the stream are now looking a bit greener and probably unkept with undergrowth!

I have applied some of the Peco glue for static grass which are the whitish looking areas.

009 gauge layout,

Static grass applied and the glue needs to dry before I vacuum the surplus up for further use.
 
009 gauge layout,

With the surplus static grass removed I added various types of foliage mainly from Woodlands Scenics to give the impression of undergrowth.

009 gauge layout,
 
The painted bridge is in view in this photo - certainly needs toning down.

009 gauge layout,

This is exactly the look I was hoping to create - amazing that I actually managed it!

009 gauge layout,

Well if I carry on tomorrow I can tell Mrs. Woody that I have been busy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment