Search this blog

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Crossing tha gap!

In my usual butterfly way of wandering from one project to another I did some work on the 009 narrow gauge layout today. The bridge taking the track across the stream needed building to cross that gap. The track had been held in mid air for some time which probably frightened the 4mm passengers and train crew every time they went over it! 

009 gauge layout

However their days of dare devil travel are now a thing of the past - almost! Originally when I constructed the bridge abutments before I poured the stream in resin, the idea was that that piece of grey card on the left would go over the abutments and stream forming the track bed for the bridge. Unfortunately and not noticed until now, the resin moved the abutments. The movement was such that I needed to alter my ideas and I eventually came up with this.

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

It needs painting but I think it does the job! It certainly takes a train....

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

Unlike the Fourth Bridge painting this should take a matter of a few minutes - a job for tomorrow if Mrs. Woody does not decide we need to get some pots going in the green house with tomato and lettuce plants to do our bit to survive the salad shortage!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment