Search this blog

Sunday, February 12, 2023

It has a name!

I have a small and very amateur YouTube channel. It is something I started at the beginning of the year as a bit of an experiment. I just use a phone camera and have no script so it is not a slick channel. However I have no desires to be a YouTube star/influencer/idiot so it is there just as a further record of my mishap model making activities and various things connected - or even not connected! If viewers are entertained that is brilliant but more likely my content will be prescribed as a cure for insomnia!

Anyway, enough of that but there is a connection. I have made a short video about my 009 narrow gauge layout. It really made me think it is time I named the layout so on the spur of the moment whilst filming it the name Chalkdon came into my mind. There is a quarry which looks as though it mines 'chalk' and it is in a hill which in Celtic days a hill was known as a 'don'. It seems good to me so that is what it is called. Having had a few moments to establish which residents of the World I have offended by naming my layout after their village/town/city it appears that there is nowhere called Chalkdon! I even got this message in Google Maps - Google Maps can't find place name "chalkdon" Amazing! Hopefully that means letters of a legal nature will not be coming my way over this!

Now the layout has a name and it also has a video about it available here....




No comments:

Post a Comment