Search this blog

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Castellated Hedge!

Some more work on the Italeri SU-100 assault gun. The decals, all two of them, were added without breaking up which was either luck or my coat of varnish yesterday did its job. The tracks received a base coat of  Vallejo rust and now await weathering. Those track guides almost look like castellations on a wall. I also painted the exhausts rust and the saw was given a shine with some metal paint and then some rust added. As I had a little time I also started to add a black wash to highlight the edges of the various surfaces on the tank which brings about some relief to the green overall paint job.

Italeri SU-100 assault gun

Italeri SU-100 assault gun

Italeri SU-100 assault gun

Italeri SU-100 assault gun

On a separate matter but related to castellations, I was out on a bike ride today. There is a lot of hedge cutting in the farmer's fields at the moment in order to complete the work n=before bird nesting season. Usually my eyes are on the road to avoid the thorns that cause punctures. However my eyes were caught by this section of freshly cut hedge. I thought that the hedge cutter had missed a bit. 

Castellated Hedge

However looking down the rest of the hedge it was obvious that this was an artistic hedge cutter! A castellated hedge. I have seen hedges cut into the shape of an animal before but nothing like this on such a big scale. It will be interesting to see what it looks like once in full leaf. Just hope this doesn't give Mrs. Woody any ideas for our hedge!

Castellated Hedge


No comments:

Post a Comment