Search this blog

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Whether I will like the weathering?

One of those days where things I planned didn't happen and things I had not thought of did! Model making wise for some reason I decided to weather a wagon. I don't know why I just did! Not that I have ever weathered one before. Tanks, trucks and buildings yes but never a wagon. My chosen victim was a Triang brake van from the rolling stock that Mr. Smith gave me last year. Probably 50 to 60 years old it was in reasonable overall condition but looked....well like a model.

First job was to clean it down with some IPA.

Triang Brake van weathering

With that done the roof was given the first of two coats of grey paint brushed on. You don't see real brake vans with white roofs - well I never have! Whilst waiting for the first coat of paint to dry I also used my favoured black wash on the sides.

Triang Brake van weathering

Second coat of grey on the roof and the black wash is doing its job.

Triang Brake van weathering

The roof was then given a wash and needs to dry off before I can do any more. However it is looking a lot more like a well worn and used piece of rolling stock. Whether I will be happy with this weathering experiment remains to be seen!

Triang Brake van weathering


No comments:

Post a Comment