Search this blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Looking brighter!

A wet day at the Rocks by Rail Museum today found me looking for an inside job. That seemed to follow a theme for me with several painting jobs over the past few days and I found myself in the dry of the cafe with the job of freshening the paint. Almost a ground hog day in that the cafe is painted white - just like my rebuilt conservatory! So out came the paint and brushes and following the removal of the Winter cobwebs painting started. I also cleaned up the various sockets and splash backs that had suffered from previous paint jobs where the painters were perhaps a little less concerned about keeping the paint just to the walls!

Rocks by Rail Museum

It may not look that different from the before picture above but believe me it looks a lot brighter - visitors may suffer from snow blindness if I get the whole cafe done!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile back in the rain the new garage for Harriot the JCB and the CAT has a the beginnings of a back wall so the future is looking brighter despite the grey skies!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back home I also had time to start painting the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier in olive drab green. It needs a second coat but that too is looking brighter!

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier



No comments:

Post a Comment