Search this blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Time for a hobby?

Mrs. Woody and myself spent today out and about. Mrs. W wants some form of lounging chair for the rebuilt conservatory in which she can relax and watch me do the garden! There are some nice chairs out there which are positively very loungeable (is that a word?) but I can tell this is going to be something that takes its time to decide on. Well for me anyway, although I think Mrs. W may have different ideas!

In the meantime I have not been able to progress with the backscene on my 009 narrow gauge layout today. Given I need to be outside to spray some glue to hold the backscene to the backboard, I probably won't be able to do anything now until Friday or the weekend due to other day time commitments. As anyone who may have dipped into this blog before will probably have gathered I possibly have far too many projects on the go and progress on them is usually measured in geological terms! Still, better to have too many projects going then to sit in a lounging chair all day! Oops! Hope Mrs. W is not reading that!

Talking of projects on the go, my eye was drawn to a die cast model by Vanguard that Mrs. W bought for me some years ago. In some ways it sums up my world of model making with half finished projects on the go and feline friends assisting hindering and limited time. 

Vanguard Moggy Minor Restoration

It is a characterful model and I do like it.

Vanguard Moggy Minor Restoration

We all have stages in life where your hobby or hobbies take a bit of a hit from a lack of time or pressures from other things going on in life. However hobbies are to be enjoyed in your spare time. If you do them full time they are no longer likely to be a hobby and become a job which probably is not enjoyable either! Anyway that is what I tell myself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment