Search this blog

Monday, February 27, 2023

It gets dark before it gets light!

Very philosophical that it gets dark before getting light but in this case I am talking about the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier! I can not believe I built this at the end of December last year! It was a bit of a half built glue bomb bought for £5 at the Sleaford Model Makers Show. It had a host of issues with the chassis but I did manage to make something of it. How good that something will be is going to be subject to the painting. Today I dragged the built kit out of hibernation and started the painting process. Being an American WW2 vehicle it will be olive green but before that is applied I primed the parts with my usual Vallejo black primer. This gives a great base upon which to start painting. Being black, any difficult to get to parts missed with top coat will, or rather should not stand out. And boy is this kit difficult to get the airbrush around! It took me about two hours in total to prime it. It is not going to be an easy paint that is for sure!

The main body of the kit. Luckily I had the foresight not to glue the wheels and several other parts in place to make painting easy - well easier then it would be if they were all in place.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Two hours of airbrushing later and it has all gone dark!

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier


No comments:

Post a Comment