Search this blog

Thursday, March 30, 2023

A railway garden!

You have probably heard of garden railways but out with Mrs. Woody today we passed this.

Railway Garden Humby

Now that is the type of garden I like! I think Mrs. W saw it more as interesting but not for her! She was more taken by tis lovely small church which just cries out to be modelled. Another one for the list!

Humby Church

Back at WMD HQ, Chalkdon, my 009 narrow gauge layout has had a little bit more scenic work done to it with the exposed card edge of a sub-base disguised with undergrowth!

009 gauge layout

I also dug this out of a box having been reminded by the trees around the church that I had it. 

009 gauge layout

I started this about 5 years ago with an idea for a layout that has stalled! Sound familiar for me? It is not a finished tree but the tree structure was made up of pieces of gardeners (see there is a connection with the first part of this post) wire twisted together and then shaped into a tree like structure. This was then covered in acrylic artists paste before being painted. The start of the foliage is Woodlands Scenic products. I am still at the point of wondering whether I need the tree at that point just to provide some height and intertest. As with all these things it is sometimes best to leave in place temporarily and time will tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment