Search this blog

Monday, March 20, 2023

Finishing!

Today I can actually say I have finished three things! Yes, I know that sounds very unlike me and to be honest these are small things I have finished but never the less finished they are!

Firstly, the bridge on my 009 narrow gauge layout is painted, weathered, varnished and now glued in place.

009 gauge layout



With that done I can now get on with ballasting the track.

Secondly, the last of the decals on the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier has been applied. Given the saga of these and the measures I have taken to maintain the integrity of 50 year old decals and the awkwardness of getting them off their backing sheet I am pleased that is a job finished.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Unfortunately I have remembered by means of look at the parts left over, that I still need to make the tool rack for the rear tailgate. Not a big job and it will add interest to the rear end of the truck but it is strange how you can forget about such things. Must be my age as I tell Mrs. Woody when I tell her I forgot about that urgent job she wanted done

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Thirdly the brick laying on my step construction is finished! 

Conservatory rebuild

Conservatory rebuild

Despite the rain I decided I needed to get that job finished so I could get on with what follows on from it. So although I got wet I am happy!

Although the brick work is done I do still need to backfill and concrete the inside of what Mrs. W commented on when she saw it as 'my coffin'! I knew those murder mystery TV shows were a bad influence on her!


No comments:

Post a Comment