Search this blog

Sunday, March 19, 2023

More bricks!

A day free of model making activities - unfortunately! However I need to progress this brick laying for the step so having got some more sand it was time to mix a barrow of 'gobbo', as mortar is referred to in the trade! Then down to getting some bricks down. It is fortunate that I am not a bricklayer by trade as I would never have made any money at the rate I lay bricks. Anyway it is not about how quick you do the work but the quality of what you do as I tell Mrs. Woody in a vain attempt to explain the slow progress. Strange that she is not so interested in me finishing my model making projects!

Conservatory rebuild

As you can tell from the darkness of the photo I am making use of the longer daylight hours. That reminds me that next weekend the clocks go forward to Summer Time - hopefully I will be able to 'step' into Summer Time if I have finished the bricklaying! Just hope the weather remembers it is Summer Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment