Search this blog

Thursday, March 2, 2023

Detail time!

Detail time for me on the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier involved picking out some of the deails in appropriate paints. One thing airbrushing can not do without a lot of detailed and sometimes impossible masking is to touch in those small items where a contrasting colour makes them stand out such as instrument dials. My choice is to use a small brush just that my eye sight these days requires magnifying glasses to try to get the brush and paint in the right place! 

The seats, instrument dials, lights, mirror, gun and the straps on the canvas have all been detail painted and I have started the figures - I just cannot paint figures but I will give these another go!

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

I think that Mrs. Woody wishes I was as detailed in painting the house as I am my models! 

If you want to see the ultimate in how not to paint you home have a look at this classic Mr. Bean sketch which as I have told Mrs. W is something even I would not consider - just yet anyway!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment