Search this blog

Monday, March 13, 2023

A mixed bag!

A bit of a mixed bag of model making activities today - just like the weather at the moment! I thought it might be a nice day for a bike ride but as I was getting ready this morning the wind suddenly increased as indicated by the bird table going across the garden at a rapid rate of knots and then the rain started! Every now and again it would go sunny for a few minutes then the next influx of rain. Oh well, a good excuse that I can't do anything in the garden Mrs. Woody (although I am sure she would point out I have a perfectly good weatherproof jacket), so I had a couple of hours in my Man Cave!

On my 009 narrow gauge layout I have commenced gluing down the card sub-assemblies of the road through the village and the then the thatched cottage and shop base will be glue onto that once the glue is dry.

The bare baseboard - looks strange!

009 gauge layout

Always best to weigh the card down as the glue dries.

009 gauge layout

Whilst I wait for the glue to dry I did some weathering of Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier. Using a dilute brown wash I have started the wheels and a bit more on the trailer and the main carrier itself. It is a slow job as I need to wait for the paint to dry before doing more but an ideal one to fit in around other jobs.

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Another slow job is the painting of the Dapol Platform Figures. However it is a job that if you take your time and accept that it is going to take a while can be quite therapeutic. I am not sure if my sense of fashion is right (Mrs. W would say categorically no!) but these figures are supposed to represent the 50's/60's so I am sure they will be OK - I hope! At least my OO gauge figures don't have to face the wind and rain in their small World on my layout!

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

 

No comments:

Post a Comment