Search this blog

Friday, March 17, 2023

Another brick in the wall!

 Another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd was the ear worm song in my head as I started to lay bricks for my step up into the rebuilt conservatory. 

Conservatory rebuild

It may not seem as though many bricks have gone down but I have sorted out the levels and the squareness. Even experienced brick layers say the worse part of any build is the setting out so whilst I am sure they would still be much quicker then me at least I have something in common with them! I quite enjoy brick laying as well for some reason. Probably because you can lose yourself in the work and you do see something developing as you go along. Apparently Winston Churchill laid bricks as a hobby to unwind from the World of politics. I can understand that.

Before I go any further I need to get some more sand and hopefully the weather will stay dry and reasonably warm. The only thing about a job like this is I find my model making time limited but it keeps Mrs. Woody happy that a job on her chore list is actually getting done. As I will point out its just another brick in the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment