Search this blog

Friday, March 3, 2023

Now I am getting somewhere!

My famous last words - Now I am getting somewhere! Well, whilst a number of things in my life have not progressed much, Mrs. Woody's list of chores for me for instance, I do actually feel as though I am getting there with the Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier. More painting of the figures today. Never sure of uniform colours but a search on the internet seemed to indicate that for USA WW2 GIs the jackets were a lightish brown with the trousers a darker shade. Whether that is right or not is almost immaterial as my painting skills will no doubt produce some unrecognisable and horrendous rendition of WW2 fashion! However the truck and trailer are looking more like they should. Amazing to remember that this was a £5 part built glue bomb kit when I bought it late last year at the Slaeford Model Makers Show. 

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Airfix Dodge 1 1/2 Ton Personnel Carrier

Even more amazing is that the kit has got this far in just a few months! That really is me getting somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment