Search this blog

Thursday, July 13, 2023

24 wires from crossing!

24 wires from crossing is perhaps a bad variation of that hit Gene Pitney song 24 hours from Tulsa! However that is what I have - 24 wires from the crossing. Following several hours of head scratching as to where wires would go and getting the right colour to the correct joint I finally finished the soldering without any swear jar contributions!

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

Next step is to place it on the baseboard and drill holes for the wires to go through and also holes for the point motors to be fitted. That will be a further testing time!

Once I have got to the stage when the crossing is permanently in place I will be using a mix of these connectors that arrived today.

My Last Great Project

The blue ones are the same as I used on Chalkdon and allow a number of wires to be joined to one feed. The white chocolate block connectors are a plug and socket type which will allow the power across board joints to be separated when needed. That is the plan at the moment but Woody's plans have a habit of changing as Mrs. Woody can testify!


No comments:

Post a Comment