Search this blog

Monday, July 24, 2023

A Panzer Ferry?

For no other reason then I wanted to do something different from track laying, wiring and ballasting as I outlined in yesterdays post, I dug out a kit from the somewhat growing pile I have. If Mrs. Woody is reading this then the pile is actually only small! This one is a Dragon Smart Kit 6669 and is Panzerfahre: Fahrendeck mit Gepanzerte which translates in very basic terms to Panzer Ferry! I am assuming it was developed as a means of ferrying tanks and other vehicles across rivers when the bridges crossing them had been destroyed.

Dragoon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

I bought the kit second hand from the Sleaford Model Makers Show last October. It dates from about 2011/12 and the box art is a bit misleading as you get the ferry deck but only one of the boats which are actually tracked amphibious vehicles. You could buy the second amphibious vehicle as a separate kit. The gent I bought it off said he has a built up kit of the second vehicle which if he remembers will bring to this years show and give me. Hope he has a good memory!

The kit itself is Dragons usual quality with sprues individually wrapped and individual track links which do make a big difference to the finished vehicle. Should hopefully enjoy this build!

Dragoon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry


No comments:

Post a Comment