Search this blog

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Shattered but feeling good!

I am shattered but feeling good! Sunday, the day of rest, was far from restful for me and the other volunteers at the Rocks By Rail Museum today as we hosted and entertained a continuous stream of visitors. In fact I had to go out late morning and get more supplies for the cafe as we were selling out such were the numbers of visitors wanting refreshments! 

As I went out I took this picture of the car park and to see so many cars is a great sight!

Rocks by Rail Museum

It might be tiring but it is what all volunteers love to see and makes us all feel good. Visitors, lots of them, enjoying what we work to display and having a great time. What is even more fulfilling are the number of families who are coming to visit. 

Being so busy I did not get a chance to do my usual tour and get many photographs although I did manage to catch a ride on the last train of the day.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

As a Museum we are extremely lucky to have so many younger members and todays steam engine crew was a prime example with Thomas, Ross and George providing rides all day.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Even when the Museum is open there is still work going on as Mick carries on his amazing job of repainting this Janus diesel.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Once the painting is finished the coupling rods need to be reattached to the wheels and the loco will be good to go back into service which will be a great feeling!

I may not be feeling quite so good tomorrow as I am going out on a bike ride with Mr. Beecham, he of model making skills and cycling prowess who has featured in this blog before. I am hoping he has had a weekend of intense gardening or DIY which may slow him down!




No comments:

Post a Comment