Search this blog

Sunday, July 30, 2023

A new arrival - the Accurascale 37402.

I had a break from the Panzer Ferry today to have a look at a recent arrival at WMD HQ.

Accurascale 37402

I did pre-order this almost a year ago from Accurascale and almost cancelled it several times after being a bit disappointed by the robustness of the Deltic loco that I got from them. It wasn't the detail, finish, performance, presentation or value for money that I was disappointed by as these were all exceptional. It was the way detailed parts dropped off seemingly every time I ran it round the layout. I still have a bag of bits I need to glue back on when I am in the right mood! However I persuaded myself that with the Class 37 loco, which I do have a great fondness of, things would be better on the robustness front. What is more, I really liked the livery of the one I ordered - something about a blue Class 37 with full yellow ends and with the addition of the Scottish markers like the Scottie dog that really attracted me to it. 

It was with some trepidation that I opened the box and was presented with the usual wonderfully done owners manuals and booklet together with some spare etched name plates and the detailing pack for the buffer beam and snow ploughs. 

Accurascale 37402

Accurascale 37402

Getting to the loco itself, there were no loose parts in the packaging which I hoped bode well for long-term life of the model. After all, if it survived the in one piece the various stages of postage and delivery then it should at least stand my track laying skills! It is incredibly detailed and well finished and just looks right as a Class 37. However the real bonus comes with the sound chip in it. Class 37s were called Tractors by the train spotters I believe because of their engine sound. Whoever did the sound recordings for this one got it spot on. It really does sound authentic. If I had the time I could listen to it going round the layout for hours although no doubt Mrs. Woody might not think that a good use of my time!

Accurascale 37402

The cab internal detail is superb. 

Accurascale 37402

Accurascale 37402

So am I pleased that I did not cancel the order? In one word - yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment