Search this blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wednesday at Rocks by Rail Museum?

 

It is Wednesday so I should not have been at the Rocks By Rail Museum today - but I was for various reasons that I won't go into! Despite the weather forecast showing rain all day apart from a few drops in the morning it was dry. So I was out mowing! All the front grass done and about a ten mile walk to do it. However I still had the legs to do my usual tour of the workshop where I did find Harriot the JCB slowly becoming a technicolour JCB as she gains all sorts of paint coverings. I am sure she will look good once finished but at the moment she looks somewhat like something out of Scrapheap Challenge!.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

In the Exhibition Center the three Sentinels that the Museum relies on are getting continual maintenance. This time Graham is being looked at with regard to a charging problem for the battery.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

The control console is in bits which means this is serious work.

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Steve, Dan and Derek are working their magic in getting the alternator back in probably for the 96th time! Whether the problem will be fixed is still awaiting a proving test!

Rocks by Rail Museum,

Meanwhile this Yorkshire loco had to be moved and shows just how attractive an industrial loco can look when looked after. A real credit to Paul the owner who has spent a great deal of time painting buffer beams, buffers, couplings and polishing the bodywork. The engine noise is just stunning too. Almost makes me want to own one! Now that would be something that would need some careful explaining to Mrs. Woody!

Rocks by Rail Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment