Search this blog

Friday, July 21, 2023

Things turn up when you least expect it!

Things turn up when you least expect it like out on a bike ride this morning when I came across this sign.

Burning Woman Festival

I am sure there the event is not as you might read from the sign but that is one strange sign. Must find out what it is all about.

Back in the reasonable safety of home, the last couple of days has seen the WMD HQ undergoing some deep tiding and cleaning which Mrs. Woody seems to be keen on having done and having done by me! Fair enough. The cats and me do make most of the mess whilst Mrs. W, safely watching, from the comfort of a sofa, some more murder mystery TV show, does not! I must admit that I do sometimes leave things lying about. The six pens, can of paint and some screw drivers (I wondered where they had gone!) in the kitchen are probably better placed elsewhere! 

Having got into the right frame of mind for this tiding and cleaning lark I took to my Man cave which was looking decidedly messy to bring about some sense of cleanliness. Whilst I was tiding things up I happened to open a box to see what was in there. I actually emptied it out to establish the contents and found this at the bottom.

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

It might just look like a plastic bag with a few bits of cardboard but as soon as I saw it I knew I had found them. I had found the missing coping stones and the brick pier to the viaduct that I talked about a couple of weeks ago. 

Metcalfe Viaduct Kit

Brilliant! I knew that I had put them somewhere safe - in this case a very safe place! I also knew that the likelihood was that I would find them when I was least expecting it which I did. Anyway they are on my workbench ready to be glued into place. Now where did I put the glue?????

No comments:

Post a Comment