Search this blog

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Lets do some decking!

There was a time back in the 1990s when decking was not just what you found on ships. Made popular by the gardening TV program Ground Force, Tommy Walsh would lay wooden decking as an alternative to paving slabs. Thousands of gardens around the Country followed suit and many a forest must have disappeared to feed the fad. Nowadays it is not so popular I guess as it has just become old hat. Luckily for me, Mrs. Woody never liked decking, so my list of jobs never featured decking until today! It is now time to move onto the upper part of the hull of the Dragon Panzer Ferry kit. Even more luck for me, the deck on the model is just plain steel. All I have to do is add the various fittings.

This is the main part to which the fitting once built are added.

Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry

There are some odd things to add like the funnels - how many tans had funnels? This is also the point at which progress slows and given the nature and strangeness of the parts to someone like me who builds many tanks but only ever two boats the chances of going wrong are high! 
 
Dragon Kit 6669 Panzer Ferry


No comments:

Post a Comment