Search this blog

Monday, July 17, 2023

Flat Earth!


Not that I have joined the Flat Earth Society but flat earth is the Vallejo colour that I am painting the sleepers and rails on my Last Great Project 00 gauge layout. This tones the sleepers down from their plastic dark brown and gives the sides of the rail a rusty look just as in real life. The photos below hopefully demonstrates the difference between unpainted and painted track.

My Last Great Project

My Last Great Project

I am airbrushing the track which uses a fair amount of paint but is certainly quicker then using a paint brush! All I have to do is use a track cleaning rubber to clean the top of the rail head so that locomotives can make electrical contact and run. As a lot of paint still needs to be used I had to get three more bottles of flat earth paint today just to make sure stocks at WMD HJQ are maintained!


No comments:

Post a Comment