Search this blog

Friday, July 7, 2023

Sometimes I should try and remember!

A busy day at WMD HQ today with a trip to the scrap yard to cash in my collection of scrap metal that I have gathered. £8.50 just for a scrap car battery! That will buy some lemon drizzle cakes! Anyway with an empty car it was back to WMD HQ to pack it again for a trip to the waste recycling center. Never one to miss an opportunity Mrs. W had given me a small list of things to pick up whilst I was out. Small list??? £121 later I returned to HQ to unpack that small list!

Whilst exhausted from the effort of typing my pass code in to pay for the 'small list' of items (I am waiting for the machine to one day tell the assistant to retain the card and destroy the customer) I did have some time in the Man Cave. In yesterdays post I did say I needed to next do some work to the second viaduct. Well there was a reason for that which for reasons of exhaustion I forgot! However it relates to the fact that I am lengthening the loop of track that runs over that viaduct. Sense would say do the viaduct first then the track. I have done the track first! Not a major issue but I will need to lift the track again to work on the viaduct.

This is the end of the loop that I want to extend.

My Last Great Project

The photo below shows the point has been moved back which will extend the loop by about a foot or 30cm depending on your preferred measurement system!

My Last Great Project

As there was a need to form some curves using flexi track I used an old trick of stripping the sleepers off the rail. I then bent the rail to the curve I needed and rethreaded the rail onto the sleepers. If you just try to bend the track with the rail attached to the sleepers it will fight back and try to straighten itself so this is a good way to avoid that problem.

My Last Great Project

I have got further with the track laying but forgot to take photos so more tomorrow when I may have actually done the necessary work on the viaduct - if I remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment