Search this blog

Monday, June 6, 2022

A strapping time!

As I highlighted in yesterdays post I suspected I would be in for more eye testing times with mounting the external fuel tanks to the cradles on the hull of the Egyptian T34 tank. I was right with that! Not often I am right according to Mrs. Woody but in this case I was. I had to construct the straps from two parts of etched brass parts.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank,

The small rectangle is bent around the triangular part giving a reinforcing part to the strap. Once this was done the strap has to be glued to the cradle and then the external fuel tank put in place.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank,

Once everything is set in place the straps are then bent around the fuel tank and glued to the top of the cradle. Simple if it all goes well and to be fair it went reasonably well for me - most unusual!

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank,

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank,

It all looks very impressive and there is one more tank to do on the other side so that will probably be my next job. In the meantime I will rest my eyes!


No comments:

Post a Comment