Search this blog

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Different types of water!

Not an experiment but this morning I had to unfortunately join the Sunday Car Washing Club which seems to prevail in the UK. Mrs. Woody had decreed that her car needed cleaning and today was the day to do it and who am I to disagree? So it was the soapy water type that saw use and several hours later the car had not only been washed but waxed as well! 

With several other things going on today as well that did not leave much model making time but I made the most of it by examining the resin water I had poured into the river on the 009 narrow gauge layout a few days ago. Having waited literally months for it to dry when I poured the first layer back in January, I was pleased to find it dry and solid after just three days - Result!. So another type of water in my life today as I poured the third and probably last layer of resin water into the river. Hopefully dry in three days time too.

009 gauge layout

Not water related was the assembly of the second Egyptian tanker for the T34 MiniArt kit. A nice pose and one where he looks at ease on the tank itself - well he would do if he had his head but as I explained yesterday I will probably paint the heads before mounting them on the bodies.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Finally something that could get me into the type of water that is very hot if Mrs. Woody finds out about it is the arrival of this which I have not had a chance to sit down with the time to properly unpack and set up. The reviews are good and it appears that Accurascale have indeed produced the ultimate Deltic locomotive - I just need the time to find out myself!

Accurascale green Deltic

Having completed this blog it is time for the final type of water for today - the washing up type of water as I have the job of doing the dishes after dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment