Search this blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Lots of visitors and x plus one!

My arrival at Rocks by Rail this morning saw me shocked by the 20 plus cars in the car park at just after 10am.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Once in the site I found out that the local U3A were visiting us. When I first heard my mother in law was joining the U3A I thought it was some strange cult or group but in fact I need not have worried as it is the University of the 3rd Age. They enjoyed their visit and the cafe did good business in bacon cobs, drinks and cake. My food intake however had to wait until lunchtime and to while away the hours to that I walked about 6  miles with the mower ahead of me - yes more grass cutting. Will it ever stop growing!

Rocks by Rail Museum

As I settled into a post lunch further grass cut a local bike building company, J Laverack, arrived to take some publicity photos using the museum as a backdrop. As a long time ex racer and still cyclist I had to have a chat with the guys and bore them to death with my tales of years ago! Anyway I was impressed by the bike they brought to photograph and if you are interested in their products they have a website here. and the photos from today will be on their Facebook page available here. 

Wonder what Mrs. Woody would say to a new arrival to the fleet - as the old saying goes the ideal number of bikes to have is x plus one where x is the current number of bikes owned! Does look nice!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Well after finishing all that grass cutting I was shattered and glad to get home where Mrs. Woody was aleready home and cooked dinner - Nice! 

Rocks by Rail Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment