Search this blog

Friday, June 17, 2022

Hottest day in the UK and not the day to be model making - for too long anyway!

Here in the UK today is the hottest day this year for most of us with temperatures of plus 30C. May not sound much to some people living in hotter climates but here we tend to suffer as we are not used to it and most of our buildings are designed for wind, rain and cold! I went out for a bike ride early this morning and stopped by a local canal thinking that looking at the water might make me feel cooler! Well that didn't work out as I ended up actually feeling sorry for the two swans swimming through this pea soup looking scene.

Hottest day UK 17 June 2022

Back at WMD HQ and a few 'in the shade' not too strenuous jobs from Mrs. Woody's never ending list saw me stay coolish and this afternoon I felt confident enough to go out to my summer sweat box and winter freezer Man Cave and have a further session on the Egyptian T34 tank. 

Today, still working on the turret, I started work on the DShK 12.7mm anti-air (and everything else that gets in its way for that matter) machine gun that is mount on a swivel mount on the main hatch. Progress has not been quick but then again the machine gun is almost a kit in its own right with about 25 parts including some of the dreaded photo etched brass parts. It certainly is highly detailed but it takes an age to build. With the heat building up inside my Man Cave I abandoned it with the gun half built waiting for my return once it has hopefully cooled later this evening. Then again I could always take a cool dip in that inviting canal water! Think I will leave it to the swans!

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank



No comments:

Post a Comment