Search this blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Spots in front of my eye!

I had a detached retina in my right eye a couple of years ago. I ignored the symptoms for a week or so and as a result nearly lost my sight in that eye. Despite my stupidity and the pandemic I was diagnosed on a Tuesday afternoon and by Friday morning had been successfully operated which I think shows the marvels of the NHS. 

Having gone through the above, when I started getting spots and a weird cobweb in front of my left eye on Tuesday I did the sensible thing (which is unusual for me) and contacted the local Eye Casualty Dept. and they had me in this morning. Luckily it is not bad news. I have had, as a consequence of aging, a slight bleed in the eye. The spots and cobweb are the blood cells. There appears to be no sign of damage to the retina but I do have to go back in next Wednesday and I have been told I am on light duties with no straining activities and to try to rest the eye. I have informed Mrs. Woody that as items on her 'To do' list are going to be too strenuous for me to do so I will be on light duties such as model making! I have yet to get a response to that message!

There is a deeper message to all of this which is that if you do have issues with your eyes don't put off seeking medical advice. Sight is probably the most precious of all of our senses so do look after your eyes!

As there has been no model making or other creative activities to record today I have dipped into the WMD model archives to dig out a 1/35th scale Tamiya Churchill Tank that I built back in 2011 as my second ever tank in this scale. The build was typical Tamiya - nice and simple but with good detail. I did some weathering which doesn't really show in the photographs. Despite its age it is still one of my favorite models and the Churchill is an iconic tank although probably does not get the recognition it deserves.

Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Tank

Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Tank

Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Tank

Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Tank

Tamiya 1/35 Churchill Tank




No comments:

Post a Comment