Search this blog

Monday, June 13, 2022

Something special?

When Mrs. Woody and me went to Stapleford Park on Saturday I casually mentioned the trade stand selling model railway stuff and how some of that came home with me. Well I must admit Mrs. Woody choose one item which I may have perhaps dismissed but she obviously has an eye for the unusual and interesting and for a bargain price. 

HORNBY R2597 – CLASS 0F 0-4-0 ST `QUEEN ELIZABETH II` 80` COLLECTORS CLUB

It is obvious from the condition of the box and the packaging around the loco that this model has been kept in its box. Getting it out revealed it is more mint than a family packet of tictacs!

It is obvious from the condition of the box and the packaging around the loco that this model has been kept in its box.

It is obvious from the condition of the box and the packaging around the loco that this model has been kept in its box.

It is painted in a royal purple and carries the crown so obviously is not a model of a real locomotive. A bit of internet research finds it a Hornby Collector Club model and was issued in 2006 to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday. I have no doubt that it has spent much of the last 16 years in its box but I will be getting round to run it soon. It is not particularly special as a model or sought after by model railway collectors but I like it and if Mrs. Woody likes it as well that makes it all the more special to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment