Search this blog

Friday, June 24, 2022

Making tracks!

I woke up at 4am this morning. By 5am I knew I was not going back to sleep so I thought I would leave Mrs. Woody deep in sleep dreaming about handbags or her list of jobs for me being completed! May be that was a nightmare? Anyway, the cats got an early breakfast, which they seemed to appreciate even if they were a bit shocked and the greenhouse plants got an early watering and by 6am I was making tracks on my bike for an early morning ride. Lovely, with few cars or people about and nature still doing things you don't normally see like these two swans and their seven signets making tracks through the green algae along the local canal. Makes a great start to the day!

Swan

Back at WMD HQ I am also making more tracks. This time for the Egyptian T34 tank. The tracks are made up of individual links which have to be cut from the sprue and then cleaned up. If that was not boring enough the joints also have to be opened up slightly with a file other wise they do not fit.

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

I need to assemble 144 track links in total and so far I have done 52! A long way to go and with all the work they need it will keep me amused making these tracks for many hours yet!

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank



No comments:

Post a Comment