Search this blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Dragging the drag line into the open and Egyptian T34 tank update.

A day at Rocks by Rail today and the mower and myself were reunited for another session of mowing. This time I was up by the diggers and Sundew cab. One of the diggers is the drag line excavator which is out in some rough ground. I took the opportunity to get up close and have a better look.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

 It is a fascinating piece of machinery and deserves to be better displayed. So I took the executive decision to take the mower in behind the rope barrier and attack the undergrowth to give visitors a better view of this machine. Think it looks better but it is now more grass to cut!!!! However I did get a great sense of satisfaction of making something better for visitors and that is great for me. It would be nice now to now allow visitors access to get up close but I will need to suggest that to the management!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Meanwhile slow progress is being made on the MiniArt Egyptian T34 tank with the rear almost complete with jerry can rack and mudguards in place. I have also started on putting the 144 tracks pieces together - 20 so far but better than none!

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


No comments:

Post a Comment