Search this blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Fragile parts!

In the heat of my Man Cave I have managed to finish the turret of the MiniArt T34 Egyptian tank. Amazing! However it was not a straight forward job! That would not be the Woody way! Apart from the photo etched parts that remained to be fitted =, there was a radio aerial to fit. Located on the sprue I knew it was going to be a problem!

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Taking care to remove it from the sprue I did manage to get it off in one part. I then tried to clean up the various mounting points and the whole thing just broke up into four parts! It was just too fragile!

Rather than trying to glue it together I cut my loses and got into my 'working smarter not harder' mindset and found some thin plastic rod in my stock of materials. Some fiddly work with super glue but certainly easier than gluing the original and I have a new aerial. Result!

With that and the other parts fitted the turret is there and making the whole tank look ....well more tank like! I quite like that shovel although the photoetch mountings were horrible to do!

MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank


MiniArt Egyptian T34/85 tank

Hopefully once painted all the parts will fade together but I still have the tracks and a few other, hopefully not fragile, parts to do. More on that and whether the swear jar receives further contributions from me another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment