Search this blog

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Catching up on the Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma.

It seems as though someone has forgotten to tell the weather it is no longer Winter! Another day of cold wetness that made me think it was January not April. However at least it was relatively warm and certainly dry in the Man Cave where I was able to enjoy the delights of having a clear workbench. 

With space comes a desire to fill it so the half built Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma that I started at the beginning of the year (when the weather seemed to be equally wet and cold as now) came out of storage.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

I had got to the stage of putting the jerry cans in their cradles and putting the etched brass straps on. I had actually completed one so there were another five to do.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

I did use acrylic varnish to fasten the etched brass parts which as I have pointed out before can be used as an adhesive. You can see the size of some of the parts with one of the smaller ones highlighted by the red arrow. They can test your eyesight!

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

After a couple of hours the jerry cans are done and four of the tyres smoothed off at the join line. I will probably leave the jerry cans off and paint them separately for ease of  applying paint to both them and the hull of the Puma.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

Anyone who thought my newly cleared workbench would not last more then a day I am afraid is proved wrong! However, tomorrow is another day where in the World of Woody anything can happen as Mrs. Woody will freely testify to!

No comments:

Post a Comment