Search this blog

Friday, April 7, 2023

Fun size????

A shopping trip today with Mrs. Woody as the cupboards and fridge at WMD HQ were bare! Not my idea of fun but we have to eat! Whilst reining in Mrs. Woody's desire for a wide variety, of in my mind, unnecessarily frivolous products at a cost that makes model making seem a bargain I noticed this.

Cucumbears

Whilst Fun Size sweets I can just about understand as a means of selling ever smaller bars of chocolate I have to admit I was taken aback by what can be fun about a small cucumber? Then I noticed the spelling of cucumber and a Google found this - 

The Cucumbears are vegetarian bears who attempt to convert passerbys to vegetarians. The average hero has a violent reaction to being ordered around by bears and starts combat. The Cucumbear gets it's name for using the vegetables it has gathered, including Cucumbers, as weapons. If you want to find out more about this and the game they are from here is the link - https://wiki.godvillegame.com/Cucumbear

I still come back to my point  - what is fun about tiny cucumbers regardless of how you try and sell them! I must be getting old!

Back at the sanity of WMD HQ with the shopping put away in the now somewhat fuller cupboards and fridge I did venture out to the Man Cave for an hour of fun! After some fairly intensive model making sessions over the last couple of weeks I just played, I mean operated, some trains on my Last Great Project layout. It has been neglected over the past few months whilst other projects have taken precedence so it was really nice just to bring it back to life and be able to run some trains round. 

I got my EWS Class 37 out which has a great sound chip in it that really gives the right sounds for what is known by train spotters as a tractor. 

Bachmann EWS Class 37

It might only be a small model but it is what I can actually relate to as being fun sized!

No comments:

Post a Comment