Search this blog

Monday, April 17, 2023

Clearing the decks!

After yesterdays filming for the YouTube video that I did on my Last Great Project layout which did show my workbench/desk in all its mayhamic (is that a word - well it is now!) glory, I thought it about time I cleared it up a bit and clear the decks as they say. I could just put everything in a box and kid myself it is clear but there are a few unfinished projects on there which really need finishing so I can clear the bench with a clear conscious.

First up is the Knightwing Foden tipper kit in its half finished state that has been seen in many photos of other projects on the bench. Dragging it from its corner of the bench I was amazed that all the parts are there which is a good start. 

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

One of the axles is broken so that has been glued and six if the wheels are now solidly attached. The rear mudguards have also been added to the tipper body. I also needed to re-glue the tailgate to the tipper which came off in my clumsy maneuvers to glue the mudguards! 

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

If I recall correctly the cab does not fit particularly well on the chassis so that may be a challenge to correct but first I need to glaze the cab - that should be fun!

Meanwhile if you are interested in seeing some trains running on my Last Great Project Layout the video is here. When you see my work bench you will realise why I need to clear the decks!



No comments:

Post a Comment