Search this blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Grass, repairs and paint - oh, and progress on the Puma!

Three things going on at Rocks by Rail Museum today. Me grass cutting and at lunch the mass of brain power of my fellow diners calculated I walked ten miles cutting the grass today! No wonder I had an apatite! 

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back at the tracks the recently restored Midland Brake Van is looking good in its grey paint making its two companions look a little shabby.

Rocks by Rail Museum

However in the workshop works on a quick make over on the Shark brake van continue with it beginning to look a lot more solid and tidy.

Andy performing magic with car body filler!

Rocks by Rail Museum

John looking bemused as to why I keep taking photos!

Rocks by Rail Museum

However you can tell the progress with the end nearest me still needing more work whilst the far end is almost finished.

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Also being painted is Paul's loco buffer beams. The photos don't do the undercoat justice as it does look rather pink in true day light! Not what you expect on a diesel but Paul assures me that the top coat will be a full blown bright red!

Rocks by Rail Museum

Rocks by Rail Museum

Back in the comfort of the WMD HQ with my legs rested and energy levels topped up with a superb Mrs. Woody lasagna, I did my preparation for painting of the Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma with various parts attached to plywood strips using my favored masking tape ready to be airbrushed. The two figures have also been assembled.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma

And I am pleased to report that three days in the work bench is still looking clear!

Tamiya Sd.Kfz 234/2 Puma


No comments:

Post a Comment