Search this blog

Saturday, April 8, 2023

DRS coaches arrive at last!

During the pandemic I was fortunate enough to get hold of two Bachmann Class 47s in DRS livery with DCC Sound at a very good price. It was around the time that Hornby released their DRS livery coaches. Unfortunately by the time I got round to seeking some out they were sold out or on eBay at ridiculous prices of around £70. I was not paying that amount and put the idea to the back of my mind. Then for their 2022 range Hornby announced some more DRS coaches and getting my act together I pre-ordered some. Wind forward about 18 months and they arrived! I had almost forgotten about them until I got an email saying they were on the way. I was expecting a single box with the five coaches in it. Instead fives boxes arrived! 

Hornby DRS Coach

I think Mrs. Woody thought I had ordered a shop worth of things. It did make me wonder why Hornby could not have just put them in one box instead of five boxes which each had room for at least three coaches. Anyway I am sure there is a logical reason for Hornby doing it this way. It was fascinating for Monty the cat who thought it all very interesting with five empty boxes to play with!

Hornby DRS Coach

Having had a busy day and with friends visiting I have not had time to get them all out on the layout but I could not resist at least seeing one on the track with one of the Class 47s.

Hornby DRS Coach

Hornby DRS Coach

Hornby DRS Coach

They do look good together. I am looking forward to getting the rest out but that will have to wait a day or so as I am working at the Rocks By Rail Museum tomorrow on the first day of the 2023 season. Apparently there is a 20 strong tractor convoy coming to visit! That should be a sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment