Search this blog

Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter wash out!

Well it may have been sunny yesterday but today was one of the rainiest Easter Mondays I can recall. Not sure how the Rocks By Rail Museum got on today but I guess there were not as many visitors as yesterday. There was a break in the rain for an hour or so  and Mrs. Woody and myself took advantage to get a couple of things shopping wise but we did end up having to park during a heavy thunderstorm.

Back in the relative dryness of WMD HQ I took the chance of not being able to do anything outside (even Mrs. W agreed it was too wet to be out) with unpacking the rest of my Hornby DRS coaches to run with my two DRS Class 47 diesel locomotives. Because many rural terminal stations were simplified track wise to be only able to deal with Diesel Multiple Units which had cabs at each end, when the likes of DRS stepped in for whatever reason to run a service they had to in effect top and tail the coaches with a locomotive at each end to allow the train to be driven back to where ever it had come from. This I replicated with my two diesels and five coaches. It looked an impressive train-  to me anyway! 

Hornby DRS Coaches

Hornby DRS Coaches



Hornby DRS Coaches

Hornby DRS Coaches

Hornby DRS Coaches


No comments:

Post a Comment