Search this blog

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Legless!

A bit more work on the Knightwing Foden Haulmaster tipper. It now has a driver although the only suitable figure to hand was one of the Dapol Platform Figures that I have been painting. The problem was that he was in a standing position. No problem - he became legless to fit in! You cannot really see my crude operation through the cab windows and it si something that is done a lot for passenger figures in model railway carriages so I don't feel too guilty about it.

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

The problem with fitting the cab in the right position was taken care of by cutting the engine block back. You cannot see it as the cab does not tilt and it was the only way to get the cab to fit properly. The engine is probably down a cylinder but that is no problem in the model world!

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

The tipper side has been adorned with some name plates - Bobby Beets, Quality Chalk - which I did using WORD. There is a story behind the choice of name but I will cover that in another post.

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

In the meantime I would just like to make some door mirrors and maybe a bit of weathering before I can call it finally finished.

Whilst making the name plates I also did a larger one for the quarry access.

Knightwing Foden Haulmaster

It needs some legs to stand on - I wonder if the drivers legs are up to the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment