Search this blog

Monday, April 3, 2023

Standing on time and Chalkden Station becomes alive!

I was in Louth in Lincolnshire today with Mrs. Woody. A really historic Lincolnshire town nestled in the hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds which proves not all of the County is flat! I did come across some very interesting sights and facts whilst having a walk round but these two particularly fascinate me.

The first is that the Greenwich Meridian goes through the middle of the town as recorded by this in the pavement which I stood on making me stand on time!

Louth,

The plaque on the wall above explains.

Louth,

A bit further down the street was this plaque which showed the modest beginnings of Currys which is now one of the UKs largest electrical retailers. From small acorns....

Louth,

Back at WMD HQ, Chalken Station has benefitted from the installation of the platform seats (with station nameplates added) and lamps I was working on and even a few people have made their way into the scene. They are only temporarily placed to see if their positioning looks OK before being glued down.

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

009 gauge layout

I am really pleased with how it has turned out. Just Need to put the Greenwich Meridian down the middle of the platform so the 4mm people can stand on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment