Search this blog

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Lets sit in the light!

More rummaging in boxes at WMD HQ Stores found a few items for the platform on my 009 narrow gauge layout Chalkdon.

First off was a pack of 12 PECO platform benches.

009 gauge layout,

i thought at first that they looked a bit low but with my nearly painted 00 gauge platform figures to hand I cut two seated poses from the sprue to try them out. Although their hats and shoes still need painting this did not affect them fitting on the benches looking comfy!

009 gauge layout,

I also glued two pairs of seats back to back - the reason will become apparent later!

Light wise I found this kit by Ratio for swan necked lamps.

009 gauge layout,

Once unpacked I could see that whilst the kit offered many options on how to assemble the lamps to get different configurations, the parts were tiny and likely to break whilst being cut off the sprue.

009 gauge layout,

Despite my concerns the first lamp went together with no need to make a contribution to the swear box!

009 gauge layout,

A couple of hours saw two double lamps and one single lamp constructed. In addition I have also put in some uprights between the benches to support the station name boards once I make them!

009 gauge layout,

Next stage is to paint these and then get them on the platform which should make that a little more interesting to look t and somewhat more pleasant for the 4mm scale passengers and station staff!


No comments:

Post a Comment