Search this blog

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Video making day!

Today was a YouTube video making day. Strange how my unscripted 20 minute rambling about Chalkdon, my 009 narrow gauge layout, takes about 5 hours of time to produce. I guess those better at these things can get the whole process done in less than an hour but for me I end have to record it several times over because things tend to go wrong. Then there is the editing, the processing to convert it into a suitable video format and then the time to upload, which given I am not on the end of a fast connection, takes some time. However I enjoy it, it is something different for me and does give me a different view of my layout which can be enlightening as to what remains to be done and equally whether it all looks as I intended. Photographs are great but video just gives that little bit of a different perspective.

I just use the camera on my phone and there is no script so what comes out is fairly amateurish but I am a model maker not Spielberg! Anyway todays video is Part 3 on Chalkdon and there is a fair amount about the Bachmann EZ Command controller that I use to run it. 

009 gauge layout

 It is about 20 years old and one of the first DCC controllers that was produced so it doesn't have all the features that modern day DCC controllers have but it is great for a small layout such as Chalkdon. If you would like to find out more the video is below for you viewing delight!



No comments:

Post a Comment