Search this blog

Friday, June 30, 2023

Success?

On Wednesday I finished my post regarding the Hornby Swallow Livery HST with the question as to whether it would run with the DCC chips in it. Well it did! The success of this project was something I wondered about given my track record of unsuccessful projects! However it was reassuring to see the train run with the headlights on at the right end of the train. 

I was extra pleased with the success as I had a further plan for this train. DCC sound!

Hornby Swallow Livery HST

I managed to find a pair of the Hornby TTS DCC sound chips for the HST train - one for each power car. Theoretically this should, given my work already on installing the 8 pin sockets in each car, be a simple plug and play job. Hmmmmm! As Mrs. Woody can vouch, the jobs which I think are going to be quick and simple have a habit of turning into something a bit bigger! Without giving too much away Mrs. W can add another example to her evidence list for jobs that grow bigger after my assurances of a speedy finish! More of that in a day or two! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment